Water productivity is a much discussed topic in the water and agricultural sector, especially in water-scarce countries. Between March and May 2017, a series of master classes on water productivity will be organized by MetaMeta together with RAIN and NWP, under the auspices of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The master classes are meant for SMEs and NGOs interested in food security and water safety in water scarce areas. They provide the participants with latest developments, broader knowledge and the opportunity to jointly explore market opportunities.
Master Class Water Productivity 1: From Monitoring to Implementation
When: March 29 from 16:00 to 19:00
Where: FutureWater, Wageningen
Participation: As there are limited seats available (20), you can register through https://goo.gl/forms/DipktSG5HuVQl1aW2 till March 23rd. On March 24th you will receive a message inform you on available seats. The master classes are also recorded and will be shown on this page.
In this first master class, Water Productivity will be discussed at policy as well as implementation level. What is really necessary for farmers, companies and policy makers to know so they can take measures to improve water productivity? How can we work together to contribute? These questions will be answered during this master class, hosted by FutureWater.
FutureWater will also share their experiences on innovative techniques for assessing the potential to close yield gaps, save water, and improve water productivity on different spatial and temporal scales. Common challenges of participants and opportunities to cooperate will be explored extensively. The event is meant for NGOs and SMEs working in the field of food security, water efficiency in water scarce areas.
Speakers and facilitators: Job Kleijn (Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs), Gijs Simons (FutureWater), Johannes Hunink (FutureWater), Jonna van Opstal (UNESCO-IHE), Gabor Szanto (RVO), Frank van Steenbergen (MetaMeta), Robert Meerman (RAIN).
Kick-off Meeting Water Productivity
March 2nd, 2017, Wageningen
- Event Program
- Water productivity by Wim Bastiaanssen, UNESCO-IHE
- Smart Irrigation for soil and water productivity by Arie-Jan Broere, Broere Beregening
- Water productivity: from monitoring to improvement by Gijs Simons, Future Water
- Water buffering with waterpads by Simon Chevalking, MetaMeta
- Optimalisation of potatoes in China and Europe through soil moisture sensors and smart dashboard by Peter Raatjes, RMA
- Innovation fund: Smart Water for Agriculture by Abraham Mehari Haile, MetaMeta
- Innovation fund: Blue Gold Programme by Hero Heering, Euroconsult Mott MacDonald