The Problem of the Ohrid Eel
- The Seventh Video on Community Water Supply Management
- (Media / The Seventh Video on Community Water Supply Management)
- Making Networks Work
- (Media / Making Networks Work)
- UNICEF and ECHO bring clean water to Sudan's villa
- (Media / UNICEF and ECHO bring clean water to Sudan's villa)
The eels from lake Ohrid travelled for millenniums a mysterious journey from Lake Ohrid to the Saragasso Sea.
In the second half of the 20th century two dams were built on the Macedonian part of Drim river and four dams were built on the Albanian part.
This video shows the migration of the eels and the effects of the dams on this migration pattern. In the end, the video explains the process of 'water elevators' introduced by the National Forum for Animal Protection of Macedonia under the project for restoration of the migration.
More info: National Forum for Animal Protection of Macedonia (NFAPM)
Produced by: NFAPM
- Categories: Lakes