Harvesting Road Runoff to Recharge Groundwater
- Borderline Waters
- (Media / Borderline Waters)
- World Water Day 2008: Hurry Up!
- (Media / World Water Day 2008: Hurry Up!)
- Artificial wetlands to treat wastewater in Egypt
- (Media / Artificial wetlands to treat wastewater in Egypt)
Between Hawzen and Freweyni towns in Tigray, northern Ethiopia, one sees this example of how road runoff can be harvested to recharge groundwater.
More info: roadsforwater.org
Produced by: MetaMeta and Mekelle University
Region: Ethiopia, East Africa
- Categories: Groundwater