Ethiopia: Rural Roads and Dust
- Spate Irrigation Ethiopia
- (Media / Spate Irrigation Ethiopia)
- The Seventh Video on Community Water Supply Management
- (Media / The Seventh Video on Community Water Supply Management)
- Climate Change, Peru: Retreating
- (Media / Climate Change, Peru: Retreating)
Unpaved, low-volume rural roads (also known as Feeder Roads) are valued highly by rural communities in Ethiopia.
However, an invariable side-effect of such roads is dust, which has dire consequences for public health and agricultural productivity.
To address the issue, authorities in Amhara province have embarked on a community-led roadside tree planting campaign.
- Categories: Gender