More info: https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-12-15/recycling-sewage-drinking-water-no-big-deal-theyve-been-doing-it-namibia-50-years
Produced by: Minute Earth
Thanks to http://www.audible.com/minuteearth for sponsoring this video.
Thanks also to our supporters on https://www.patreon.com/MinuteEarth :
– Today I Found Out
– Maarten Bremer
– Jeff Straathof
– Mark Roth
– Tony Fadell
– Muhammad Shifaz
– Alberto Bortoni
– Antoine Coeur
Credits (and Twitter handles):
Script Writer: David Goldenberg (@dgoldenberg)
Script Editor: Emily Elert (@eelert)
Video Illustrator: Omkar Bhagat (@TheCuriousEnggr)
Video Director: Emily Elert (@eelert)
Video Narrator: Henry Reich (@MinutePhysics)
With Contributions From: Alex Reich, Kate Yoshida, Ever Salazar, Peter Reich and Rachel Becker
Music by: Nathaniel Schroeder: http://www.soundcloud.com/drschroeder
And find us on itunes: https://goo.gl/sfwS6n
If you liked this week’s video, we think you might also like these things:
Disgust Sensitivity Quiz: https://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the…
FYI: We try to leave jargon out of our videos, but if you want to learn more about this topic, here are some handy keywords to get your googling started:
– Disgust: A feeling of revulsion at something unpleasant
– Emotion: A mental state that arises spontaneously.
– Pathogen: A tiny living organism that can cause disease.
– Reverse Osmosis: A way to purify water by pushing it through a semipermeable membrane.
– Toilet-to-tap: A framing device used by recycled water opponents to cause people to think of sewage.
– NEWater: The brand name given to recycled water in Singapore.