Generating-data driven solutions in Lebanon
Host: American University of Beirut; Outreach support provided by: Berytech and AUB-iPark
Organisers: IHE-Delft, MetaMeta, Wageningen University and Eleaf
Supported by: The Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
We invite you, farmer, communication expert, graphic designer, policy maker, student, wholesaler, researcher, input provider, ICT developer to join our Hackathon event and team up to:
What the hackathon?
Hacking is creative problem solving. The Water Productivity Hackathons involves building applications based on the WaPOR database. To bring out your brightest ideas you the participants are organised into teams and thrust through the ins and outs of water productivity, the WaPOR database, open sourcing, graphic design and more. Then get your laptops out and come up with WaPOR-based solutions to agriculture and water productivity challenges—management solutions, technical tools, or decision support systems.
Participation in the hackathon will not go unawarded. All teams will pitch their ideas to a distinguished jury. The winner will be awarded half-a-year of technical guidance and support from our experts on water, agriculture, remote sensing and GIS and coding to further develop their winning idea.
- The best brains from the fields of remote sensing, water productivity, open source modelling, GIS, agri-innovations and business will be guiding you at the hackathon.
- WaPOR tools database
– Event duration, from 9.00 on the 29th to 17.00 on the 30th of November
– Event location, kick-off at AUB in Beirut; and hack at AREC-AUB Farm (in Bekaa)
– Participation includes transport (between AUB Beirut and AREC), good food and 1-night accommodation at AREC-AUB Farm
– Find all the information you need about water productivity here and further information on the event here
Apply and Contact
Apply below before November 12, there is limited number of seats available.
Reach out to Simon Chevalking @ email@example.com / M +31 642089770