(Recommended: Watch the video in full screen mode)
In India (as in many other parts of the world), trees have been utilized:
– to reclaim degraded landscapes
– to modulate the micro-climate
– for biomass, to enhance soil fertility and for other uses
– to support livestock, provide fodder
– to enhance agro-biodiversity and develop sustainable ecosystems
In this webinar (June 18, 2014), Dr GNS Reddy discusses how and where in India this has been achieved, what lessons this holds for the rest of the world, and what goes into designing and planning tree-based farming systems.